Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Sunday!


We've been battling a cold all week, but life still goes on! Here's a little of what we've been up to the past few days:


Zara loves to help Ash put on capes and togas (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder strikes again). It's pretty hilarious to watch. Good-natured and patient boy + OCD, meddling girl = hours of entertainment for us.


As you may know, I don't know how to style or do anything with hair. So I decided to go searching for some practical help from the Internet. You know, in order not to embarass myself or someone else. Apparently, YouTube has a plethora of how-to's when it comes to hair. I found some really beautiful hairstyle tutorials from an adorable girl from Belgium. Here's the link to her page on YouTube. A lot of her ideas are medieval-inspired, which I find particularly awesome.


Our dear friends long-awaited baby girl was born at the end of April, and we hope to be seeing them next weekend, so I've started on a hat for the little one using this pattern (they might make you log in to see it, if so you'll just have to wait until I'm done to behold the hats' delicate beauty). The pattern is based on a vintage hat and cowl set from the early 20th century. The cotton yarn I'm using has alternating white, peony pink and amethyst. I'm not a fan of pink per se, but this yarn is very pretty. Pretty enough that I'd put it on Zara or wear it myself!


Bat wing Cloudy, in a pile of straw. Need I say more? Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment